She is usually regarded as the more reserved of the Kardashian sisters, happy to take a back seat to the most famous of the clan, Kim, and loud mouth younger sister Khloe.
But when it comes to her beloved son Mason, Kourtney is not one to keep quiet.
The 31-year-old took to her blog yesterday to lament the end of breastfeeding after 15 months.

Scroll down for video

'Sad end': Kourtney Kardashian has written about stopping breastfeeding her son Mason on her blog
'Sad end': Kourtney Kardashian has written about stopping breastfeeding her son Mason on her blog
Kourtney wrote: 'My love affair with breast feeding has come to a sad end.
'I seriously could cry just thinking about it being over. I love what a beautiful experience I had with my son and just wanted to share it.'
 

She explains, in detail, about starting to wean Mason, her son with rumoured fiancé Scott Disick in recent months.
'At a year, I introduced Mason to cow’s milk and goat’s milk and alternated the two. (All organic of course).
Natural: the reality star, who gave birth to Mason in December 2009, says she found it hard to force the process before
Natural: the reality star, who gave birth to Mason in December 2009, says she found it hard to force the process before
'I listened to lots of people say “When are you going to stop nursing already?!” At 13 months, I had weaned from all of our day feedings, but we continued to nurse all night long.
'At 14 months I finally tried to stop and end the night feedings. I put cold cabbage leaves in my bra which so many people told me to try. My breasts were hard, lumpy and painful.
She continues: 'I wasn’t happy and he wasn’t happy and I just couldn’t help but feel this was not natural. I said to myself, if Mason wants to nurse I will let him. That night he pulled at my shirt while we were asleep and I nursed him.
Are you done yet? But while the reality star appeared to be enjoying herself, Scott and Mason appeared a little bored
Happy family: Kourtney is rumoured to be engaged to her long-time boyfriend and Mason's father, Scott Disick
'We both felt so much better. He did that three more nights only one time a night and then he stopped. He was done nursing and that meant so was I. My breasts didn’t hurt this time at all.'
The reality star also spoke about the subject to celebrity network E! and revealed that she has gained five pounds since giving up breastfeeding.
She told them: 'It's traumatising! I mean, everyone would say, "It's time, it's time, come on."
Reality stars: The 31-year-old is currently starring in a spinoff series with sister Kim, Kourtney And Kim Take New York
Reality stars: The 31-year-old is currently starring in a spinoff series with sister Kim, Kourtney And Kim Take New York
Filming: Sister Kim was spotted filming scenes for the family's original series Keeping Up With The Kardashians with stepfather Bruce today in California
Filming: Sister Kim was spotted filming scenes for the family's original series Keeping Up With The Kardashians with stepfather Bruce today in California
'I started to stop a little bit, weaning and all that, and I'm like, "Why am I doing this?" If I'm happy and he's happy.'
Kourtney is rumoured to be engaged to her long-time boyfriend Scott Disick.
The rumour mill went into overdrive last month, with insiders on her spinoff show Kourtney and Kim Take New York claiming that Scott, 27, has proposed.
The pair are allegedly keeping the engagement under wraps as it will feature on the show's finale, which was filmed last year.