They had a whirlwind courtship, followed by a dream wedding – and now Khloé Kardashian and Lamar Odom are giving fans a glimpse into their life together as newlyweds.
The couple’s new E! reality show Khloé & Lamar, which premieres Sunday, will follow them as they navigate their first year of marriage. When it comes to the Kardashian family, there’s never a shortage of drama. Here are few things other things you can expect:
1. A permanent houseguestThe newlyweds are not alone as they settle into their life together. Khloé’s little brother Rob has moved into their home. While Rob sees Lamar as the brother he never had, Khloé wants more alone time with her basketball star husband. Tensions flare when the couple leaves Rob at home to enjoy a romantic getaway.
2. A family feudLamar’s estranged father Joe tries to mend their relationship with Khloé’s help. She meets her father-in-law for the first time without Lamar’s knowledge and tries to arrange a reunion, but the Lakers’ star shuns the idea.
3. A wary wifeLamar’s oldest friend, Jamie, is a common fixture around the house, as well, but Khloé doesn’t want to compete with him for her husband’s attention. She feels that Jamie, who suffered a life-threatening illness years ago, is taking advantage of her husband now that he’s healthy again.
4. A friend triangleKhloé isn’t the only Kardashian competing with Jamie. Rob wants to spend more time with Lamar, too, while Jamie thinks Rob is a kid who should play with people his own age. Once again, Lamar is caught in the middle.
5. A girl fightMalika, Khloé’s best friend and personal assistant, is another regular on the show. While her relationship with Rob becomes increasingly flirtatious, her friendship with Khloé is tested. All hell breaks loose when Malika tries to quit. Will their friendship survive?