vrijdag 20 april 2012

'I'm In Love With Love And I Thought This Was It

... but I had to end it': Kim Kardashian admits ignoring family concerns ahead of marrying Kris Humphries

Kim Kardashian insisted she didn't have doubts before her wedding to estranged husband Kris Humphries, declaring 'I thought this was it'.
Despite her family's concerns that she was rushing into tying the knot after just eight months together, the reality star admitted she totally believed she and Humphries would be together forever.
But after changing her mind in the weeks following, she famously decided to leave him after just 72 days of marriage.
Scroll down to watch a video
'In love with love': Kim Kardashian speaks about her split from estranged husband Kris Humphries on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno
'In love with love': Kim Kardashian speaks about her split from estranged husband Kris Humphries on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno
When asked by Jay Leno on The Tonight Show last night, if she had any doubts leading up to the August wedding, the 31-year-old insisted she was too loved-up to listen to anyone.
Rather tellingly, she couldn't even bring herself to mention the New Jersey Nets player's name, referring to him as 'someone else'.
 

She said: 'I'm a girl who really believes in love, I'm in love with love and I thought this was it for me. But when I realised it wasn't I thought... I've always tried to really respectful of everyone involved.
'I wanted to be fair to me, but I also wanted to be fair to someone else. So when I knew it wasn't right...
Grilling: TV host Leno didn't hold back when it came to quizzing the reality star over her failed marriage
Grilling: TV host Leno didn't hold back when it came to quizzing the reality star over her failed marriage
'I've heard stories of people who were married for 10 years and they knew it wasn't right, but they wanted to stick it out and had kids.
'I want that forever, I believed in love, I still do. But to be fair to everyone, I knew I had to end it and I'm OK with that decision.'
Fans of the family's reality shows will know her younger sister Khloe was the most outspoken critics of Humphries, with Kim even telling her sibling at one point not to even bother attending the wedding.
Although several members expressed their concerns to Kim - who had already been married once before to music producer Damon Thomas - she didn't listen.
All white: The reality star looked stunning in a fitted white dress with lace at the top
All white: The reality star looked stunning in a fitted white dress with lace at the top
Brief encounter: Kim and Kris were married for just 72 days before she left him
Brief encounter: Kim and Kris were married for just 72 days before she left him
She explained: 'I'm a person, when I'm in love, you can't tell me anything.
'And you gotta go through it yourself. So, I did what I believed in doing, and sometimes you don't want to hear what your family has to say.
'You look back and you're like, "OK, that was a sign," or, you know, "Maybe I should have listened to them." But, I wouldn't have been who I am today had I not gone through that.'
The curvy star admitted she was stunned by the backlash to her separation from Humphries, with accusations she'd only married him for publicity.
She added: 'I pride myself on being an open book. This is what we do.
'It was really tough to go through and I didn't know the media would be so brutal about it, but I learned so many lessons and its changed me as a person for the better.'
Kim and estranged husband Humphries, 27, are currently in the process of getting their marriage annulled instead of the divorce option.
On the show, Kim looked stunning in a fitted white dress, which she teamed with a white jade bracelet which once belonged to Dame Elizabeth Taylor.
Also on the Tonight Show, she received an apology from Sherri Shepherd for criticising her during her 2008 appearance on Dancing With The Stars.
'I still believe in love': After two marriages failed, Kim is still optimistic she will meet and marry her soulmate one day
'I still believe in love': After two marriages failed, Kim is still optimistic she will meet and marry her soulmate one day
Casual style: Kim was spotted leaving her home in California yesterday in ripped jeans and was wearing no make-up
Casual style: Kim was spotted leaving her home in California yesterday in ripped jeans and was wearing no make-up

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten